Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

If I forward this e-mail to 10 people, will I win $1,000?

How many times have you received an e-mail from a friend, co-worker, or family member that reads something like this: "Forward this e-mail on to 10 people and receive good luck for a month!" Or "If you forward this to 10 people, you'll see something funny on your screen after you send it!"

I don't know about you, but I still receive these occasionally. But what happens when you do forward them on as instructed? I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but nothing will come of them. So what is the purpose of this chain mail?  Is it true that tracker programs are attached to these e-mails that track the cookies and e-mails of those folks you forward to? Is it a way to get names and cookie tracking information for telemarketers and spammers--to validate active e-mail accounts for their own profitable purposes?

Read more...

0 comments:

 
Loading